Monday, August 9, 2010

Princess Bracelets

I only have a chance to get a few quick thoughts down this morning, but I wanted to encourage you today!  I just got back from running several errands with the little people (who started my morning off VERY early and when we got to Walmart we were the ONLY ones in the building....it was early people!) As we finished up and were leaving I let the kids pick out a package of these little rubber bracelets that are all the rave right now.  There are like a 100 that come in a package and they come in all sorts of shapes.  Cade picked out some that looked like footballs, helmets and foam # 1 fingers.  Ainsley picked out the ones that were all pink of course and were in the shape of cheerleaders, mega phones and pom poms.  As soon as they started to put on the gazillion rubber bracelets ( to which Cade informed me that his were NOT bracelets but bands lol!) they started to transform.  Cade shouted from the backseat, "Mom, now I can play tough football" :) and Ainsley, "I'm pretty now momma!"........

"Be transformed by the renewing of your mind..."  Romans 12:2

"Create in me a clean heart and renew a steadfast spirit within me...restore to me the joy of salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit."  Psalm 51:10 and 12 (my paraphrase)

The thoughts are quick so I hope you are already ahead of me ladies........Allow Christ to transform and renew you just as quickly as those bracelets and bands :) transformed and renewed my kids.  Don't give way to the whisper of the enemy, strike him down quick and put on the full armor of Christ (Eph 6:13-18).  Don't mess around and meander in a pool of mediocrity today....let Christ transform your perspective and sustain you with a willing spirit.  Be strong, be brave and be beautiful today!

ps...I got some princess bracelets! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment