Monday, October 25, 2010

One....Two....Punch.

“And let US not grow weary of doing good, for in due season WE will reap, if WE do not give up.” Galatians 6:9


Hey sweet peeps. I don’t know about you, but I could use a good pep talk today, it’s Monday. Am I in good company? If I was face to face with ya I’d be looking for a good head nod, or maybe a decent sized AMEN! I’m not down in the dumps, or discouraged….just need a good ‘ol pep talk. Ya know what I’m talking about…just a good one two punch. Here’s what I got for ya today…..

Punch One – Galatians 6:9. Whoot! Whoot on not growing weary and that in due season we will reap. Sweet!

Punch Two – which in my opinion is greater than the first punch – WE. WE will reap.

I read that in that way for the first time yesterday. It says WE. That fills my heart with abundant power because some days ya just need to know you’re not alone in the fight. WE. I absolutely love that today. WE sounds a ton better than the simplicity of me. It keeps you reminded that this “life thing” we’re doing is bigger than just a whole bunch of separate “me’s”. It’s a WE.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by SO GREAT A CLOUD OF WITNESSES, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:1-2

And if you read the chapter before this one (Hebrews 11) it talks for 40 verses of men and women of great faith. And the most awesome word in Hebrews 12 is THEREFORE. It implies we’re about to get a one two punch. So yada, yada, yada (you fill in the blanks of your own life yada yada)…THEREFORE….you’re not alone…..so pursue Jesus and just go for it!

That’s what I needed today. Whew. I love it when I am reminded that I’m ridiculously caught up in something that is so much bigger than the “me”. Yikes stripes when I’m tempted to get so bogged down by the “me” of my world that my view gets obstructed so much so that I can’t see or draw strength from the thought of “Therefore……surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses……let us run……do not grow weary…..WE WILL REAP!” Sister, praise the merciful love of a Great Father that PROMISES VICTORY!!!!!!!!

Today, don’t look down. Don’t even look across. Look up. When you start to look at Jesus, I promise you He’ll start to show you the great surrounding in your world of WE. It might come through a card in the mail, or a Spirit filled spoken word of Truth into your life, it might be through the powerful prayer of an amazing prayer warrior, it might be from a smile, a memory, a scripture, coffee with a friend or even in a still moment. There is a great surrounding of God’s PEOPLE that are filling the earth with praise. Today, I’m thankful for the one two punch of WE!

“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s PEOPLE, once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.” 1Peter 9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment