Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Establishing...

“He established a testimony in Jacob and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers to teach to their children, that the NEXT GENERATION might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children, so that they should set their hope in God.” Psalm 78:5-7


There is a wonderful praise song that Toby and I absolutely adore. We Will Overcome. Incredible words, that beat perfectly into the rhythm of my heart for us today.

And we will overcome

By the Blood of the Lamb

And the word of our testimony

Ladies, think with me for just a moment on the generations that have either come before you or even the ones that you see ahead of you. No matter what generation you are in there is a 100% guarantee to be one before you and one after you. Look back up at that scripture out of Psalms….”He established a testimony in Jacob..”

I just talked to a friend today about how the Lord had blessed and established an incredible testimony in the life of their family, and they are handing that testimony to their children. I’ll be honest a testimony doesn’t come easy….the ESTABLISH part definitely has a little elbow grease involved and if I’m a guessing woman the King isn’t finished establishing this daughter’s testimony. I can say with all the heart and soul God has been working in me that I will and do overcome all my temptations, struggles, obstacles and limitations by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB first and then re-telling the WORD OF MY TESTIMONY. If the Lord has overcome an addiction in your life, appropriate the blood of the lamb and establish your testimony. If you have walked by faith with the Lord consistently throughout all life’s struggles, appropriate the blood of the Lamb and establish your testimony. You may not be called to share it to thousands; it might just be establishing the word of your testimony so it settles within the chambers of your very own heart.

Regardless, Christ is establishing a testimony in you and it is for the purpose of not only overcoming personally, but to reach forward to lend a hand to the generations that will come after you. I have gained so much strength and power from men and women that are willing to share the “established testimony” of Christ at work in their lives. Every time I recall their bravery in sharing their testimony I am inspired to keep going that I’m not alone and that generations of faithful men and women have gone before me.

I can also say that when I have been a mentor to someone I have been so sharpened. I mean I have been asked some hard questions that quite honestly I haven’t had the answers to, which only inspires me to dig deeper and seek the Father more earnestly.

But one thing is true with either reaching back or reaching forward what people what to hear is YOUR STORY! They want to know how YOU have become an overcomer and an heir to the Throne. They want to know how YOU have had peace, hope and joy in the midst of overwhelming odds. They want to know how YOU have joy in all circumstances.

I am so excited about next Tuesday, July 6th @ 7pm, night’s Chick Chat because we will be discussing the Dazzling Darkness. This is a very powerful place for me in that it is a part of my established testimony.

Your testimony is the most important tool you have. I want to encourage you to start establishing your testimony as it is happening, because life will continue to evolve and you will constantly have to add chapters to the testimony of YOU. One thing is for sure, and I will say it again and again and again if I have to so that we all get it memorized :)…all your testimony is establishing is that you are becoming all glorious within and that you are a daughter, a princess, and an heir to the Throne of GRACE! So keep pressing in and keep establishing, it’s making you beautiful from the inside out!!!!

“All glorious is the princess in her chamber, with robes interwoven with gold. In many colored robes she is led to the king, with her companions following behind her. With joy and gladness they are led along as they enter the palace of the king.” Psalm 45:13 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment