Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fix Your Gaze

“ And Peter, along with John, fixed his gaze upon him and said, “Look at us!” And he began to give them his attention expecting to receive something from them. But Peter said, “I do not possess silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you; In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene – walk! And seizing him by the right hand, he raised him up; and immediately his feet and his ankles were strengthened. And with a leap he stood upright and began to walk; and he entered the temple with them walking and leaping and praising God. And all the people saw him walking and praising God; and they were taking note of him as being the one who used to sit at the Beautiful Gate of the temple to beg alms, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him. And while he was clinging to Peter and John, all the people ran together to them at the so called portico of Solomon, full of amazement.” Acts 3:1-11


I cannot tell you how amazing the first Chick Chat was to my heart. The precious group of women that were there were so open, honest and really set such a great tone for the direction of Glorious Daughter Chick Chat events in the future! And because of your generosity we will be able to continue to meet in the Fairfield Inn as well as provide additional resources for our Chick Chats!! Amazing, really amazing!! Thank you to all you beautiful ladies that contributed to such an overwhelming night for my heart. There are so many wonderful things that the Lord is in the middle of developing and I hope that you will take an opportunity to look at Glorious Daughters website splash page! I am so excited about the development of this site and would ask that when you do take a peek at the fabulous site you pray over it as a place where as daughters we can join together and find wholeness, healing, acceptance and be found worthy of the royalty we have been called to. And please pass the site info along!!!

http://www.gloriousdaughters.org/
I cannot thank you enough for the prayers that have already been offered for this ministry. Last Tuesday evening you took a step of faith with me and I will never forget that. I know I said that I would post up our talks here and I will. We talked about so many great things that I decided to break it up. I only have a few minutes today to post, but I could not wait another day to share.

“And Peter, along with John, fixed his gaze upon him and said, “Look at us!” Acts 3:4

It said in one commentary that I read that when any of the disciples “fixed their gaze” upon someone or something it meant that a miracle was about to happen.

Who doesn’t need a miracle? I do. I need one right now. I need to expose all that I am and I need to know that the King is fixing His gaze on me, that I am safe in His presence, that He is looking on me with love and that the King is about to showcase a miracle.

Like I said I only have a few minutes tonight, and I have to ask for forgiveness because I have been waiting for the ideal hour to get this word to you perfected. But I have waited and waited and everything you could imagine has kept me from you…even a tornado, literally. But In Jesus Name I have run to the local Starbucks in OKC to grab the last 15 minutes of internet access so I can just get this to you. The Holy Spirit is so pressing my spirit that someone just needs to know you can let God fix His gaze on you no matter how you look or where you’re at. Take a quick glance back at the scripture from Acts 3 at the top of the post. The man in the story that Peter was looking at was lame from birth and now in his 40’s was found begging for what would only barely satisfy OUTSIDE the Gate Beautiful.

Outside is a key word for us. Are you finding yourself sitting outside a gate, lame and in need of a miracle? How are you hiding the problem and not allowing Christ to fix His gaze upon you?

Don’t be afraid to look at your problems, your pain, your past, or whatever is making you lame. Let Jesus fix His gaze upon you and then anticipate a miracle.

“How long will you go here and there, O’ faithless daughter? For I satisfy the weary ones and refresh everyone who languishes.” Jeremiah 31:22 and 25

The story in Acts goes on to say that Peter and John then healed the lame man that had begged outside the Gate Beautiful his whole life, they seized him up and immediately he was strengthened and they walked through the gate TOGETHER praising God the whole way!!!

In the Name of Jesus I pray for the daughter that has aimlessly been begging outside the gate her whole life. Give her the courage to look up and allow you to fix your gaze upon her heart, her circumstances, or her physical limitations and heal what has been made lame. You have created us for power and wholeness and right now I ask you to minister to the needs of your daughters. Give those of us that are whole in Christ the eyes to see those that need to be healed, encouraged and seized up to walk through the Gate Beautiful healthy, whole and rejoicing. Give us the courage to move our passion and piety to action allowing You the opportunity to express a miracle. Praise you God for your salvation and healing! AMEN.

“Our own power or piety did not heal this woman…..it was on the basis of faith in His name, it is the name of Jesus which has strengthened this woman whom you see and know.” Acts 3:12 and 16
(my own interpretation)

I’ll close these brief thoughts today with one of my most favorite songs. Please let the words spill on your soul as you surrender to the gaze of the King.

“Fix your eyes upon Jesus

Look full in His wonderful face

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim

In the Light of His Glory and Grace”

I love you sweet ladies with all my heart. Be encouraged and seized up as you get up and walk through the Gate Beautiful!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment