Monday, May 31, 2010

Whoot Whoot!!

Happy Memorial Day!  What a very special day to honor those that have paid such a high price for the luxury of freedom.  I know you have heard it before, but as a reminder....freedom isn't free.

As daughters our debt was overwhelming.  We could never have paid the price.  Thankfully we serve an incredible King and He paid our debt.  Today as your remember those that paid the ultimate price for our freedom as Americans, honor the King as the one that paid the incorruptable price of Eternal Freedom!!  Praise you God!!!!

I am so excited because our Chick Chat is tomorrow night!!  As I have been praying about the time we will spend together I was reminded of one of my favorite My Utmost devotional days.

March 25th
"Goodness and purity ought never to attract attention to themselves, they ought simply to be magnets to draw to Jesus Christ.  If my holiness is not drawing toward Him, it is not holiness of the right order, but an influence that will awaken inordinate affection and lead souls away into side eddies.  A beautiful saint may be a hindrance if (she) does not present Jesus Christ but only what Christ has done for (her).  (She) will leave the impression - 'What a fine character that (woman) is!' That is NOT being a true friend of the Bridegroom; I am increasing all the time, He is not."

If all Glorious Daughters does is showcase a lot of "good" daughters and "pedistool" us as beautiful saints - we've missed the glorious boat.  I am praying and asking those that are following the expression of the King in this ministry to stand alongside me in prayer.  Please pray that with every meeting we would grow stronger and stronger in our faith, becoming "all glorious within" (Ps 45:13), but that it wouldn't stop with just that...a beautifully whole saint....pray that all those that are around us as Glorious Daughters start to see Jesus in us.

More of Him and less of me...more of Him and less of you.....more of Him and less of us.....

I love you all dearly, and am praying that your confidence and beauty would grow more radiant everyday.  But I'm praying that the confidence and beauty that is growing and being expressed is the radiant light of Jesus.  Would you pray that for me too? 

Cannot wait to see you tomorrow night and you might check back on this little blog tomorrow morning....I will be showcasing my new favorite coffee mug!  Remember if you are coming to the Chick Chat feel free to bring your fav mug or tea cup too - I would love to see it!!

"The Lord bless you and keep you sweet daughter, the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you.  The Lord lift up His countenance on you precious one and give you peace.  In Jesus Name Amen"

xoxo,
Cari

No comments:

Post a Comment