Thursday, July 15, 2010

Your true identity


Okay ladies...today I need you to put on your imaginations. More than likely you will not find yourself on this Thursday searching for blood diamonds, or living in the African bush or signing on to serve in the R.U.F. However you will find yourself sifting through any number of issues in your everyday life looking for a single diamond that will make your day worthwhile. If you are engaged in life at any level you have to battle feelings of abandonment, rejection, or being left to fight alone. And you for certain have to make a conscious decision not to join up with the lies of the enemy that I know swirl around your pretty little brain all day long. So, with all that being said put on your imaginations and walk with me here.....

If you've already watched the clip I've posted that's fine, but I want you to watch it again after you've read my heart. Blood Diamond is one of my all time favorite movies. I don't know that it would necessarily get the Dove seal of approval or voted most Family Friendly :). It is a pretty heavy movie and it definitely doesn't sugar coat or soft sell the state of the world. It doesn't tie everything off in a big pink bow and leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. Its message will crawl up into your noggin and totally mess you up. It will leave you changed and honestly it's hard to get it out of your mind. I actually hope that I never get it out of my head, and especially my heart. As a believer it should get you all fired up about not just growing in knowledge about world issues and watching movies, reading articles, books or listening to stories like that over and over and over again, but it should inspire you to let the Lord train your hands for battle (2 Samuel 22:35) and get involved in the conversation.

Obviously with a movie like that there are a million different angles I could take our emotions in today. The social injustices happening in Africa are so overwhelming it could make you want to throw up and then the greed that has infiltrated the world is undeniable. However today, for us as daughters that are becoming all glorious within I want to allow the King to use this specific clip to remind us of our true identity. Yesterday I was on the phone with a dear friend and we were discussing an upcoming event for youth girls that I will be speaking at in Fayetteville, Arkansas. We discussed how they are dealing with popularity, body image, boys, future plans, friends, gossip, etc. We were tossing several topics and possibilities around but kept coming back to the same root.....finding your whole identity in Christ. I’m kinda squirming in my chair as a I type because I’m thinking how many of those same issues are still coming up in my own life as a grown woman. Everyday those matters might have gotten a little more “grown up” but they are still seeking to kill, steal and destroy me finding my WHOLE identity in Christ. Yikes!

How many of us as daughters have gotten distracted either intentionally or unintentionally and just walked our heart and souls away from the beautiful inheritance that is ours to have. Ladies I'm preaching to the choir today on purpose. Those of us that are in the body of Christ are sometimes the worst ones, because we can put on a pretty good front. We can walk around like we have it all together, go to church, be involved, worship our little hearts out and be lost as a goose when it comes to receiving who we really are in Christ. We get offended, we get hurt, we get manipulated, we offend, we hurt, we manipulate, and we get caught up in the world just like everybody else. In the deep parts of our hearts events have occurred and we have allowed those events to take up residence in our lives and discourage us from ACCEPTING and LIVING OUT the beautiful inheritance that is rightfully ours. We’ve accepted a standard of living that is well below our God-given potential and the saddest part about it is, is that we’re okay with it! Yikes again!

Today when you watch this clip I want you to close your eyes and RECEIVE. No you are not in Africa and no your name isn't Dia Vandy....however is it so far off base that we need to be retold who we REALLY are sometimes??!? Are we pointing a gun of pride and fear at the very source that wants to love us back to the truth of our inheritance? I watch this scene and tenderly cry every time. I most definitely need to be reminded who I am and then most importantly that the King is my Father. He’s my FATHER, my tender, affectionate but powerful and fully capable FATHER and He has come to rescue me, His daughter, and take me home to live with Him. Pretty people are you pumped up!!!?? If you aren't you should be and today, this day, we should all be challenged as daughters to put down the gun and submit to the leadership of lavish love the King is offering! Seriously.

Take the time today to ask two simple questions and then give God the space to tell you...

"Who do you see that I am Father? And would you remind me who you really are, my King?"

"He sent from on high, he took me; he drew me out of many waters. He rescued me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a broad place; he rescued me, because he delighted in me." 2 Samuel 22:17-20

"The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot secure. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forever." Psalm 16:5-11

You have a beautiful inheritance to live in precious daughters. Remember the King is wild for you. You are treasured above all of His creations and you are perfectly crafted to live abundantly within the walls of the Kingdom. May you be encouraged and strengthened to stand in the King’s perfect peace as you receive your birthright today. I love you all so very much!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment