Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Car Smell

"I will give you a NEW heart and put a NEW spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."  Ezekiel 36:26

I don't know about you, but I like new things.  For example I love the "new car" smell, hmmm that's good stuff.  Most of the time to get that smell you actually have to purchase a new vehicle.  You can try all the air fresheners, even clean your car every day and still really not ever reach the maximum smell you had when you very first bought the car. 

I woke up this morning with Hope as I thought about all that God was in the middle of doing in the lives of His daughters.  There are so many AWESOME things going on right now and I just could not contain my overwhelming feeling of Hope.  When I was doing my quiet time I came across this verse in Ezekiel and it hit me in such a tender way.  I love this verse.  God has used it several times in my life and I even have it posted on my Facebook.  But this morning when I read it the Message in it was fresh and new and had that "new car smell" if you know what I mean.

I don't know too many people that haven't taken only a couple of deep breaths on this globe and haven't had some sort of "experience" that has taken away that new car smell to their life.  I mean you're born and it's trauma...you were just fine rollin' around in the warmth of your momma's belly and all at once you are spit out into the world naked, cold and on display....that's enough!  Fast forward several years and you have jr. high....need I say more :)....then fast forward even more and you have first loves, college, moves, relationship changes, family, marriage, house, kids and before you know it a partiridge in a pear tree :).  Honestly, those are the light hearted experiences of life.  What about those that have endured loss, grief, arguements, relational wedges, financial strain, pain of rejection, war, unexpected phone calls, lost kids, abuse, addictions, depression....in short feel as if because of the experiences life deals out they have lost their "new car smell" all together.  I've been there.  I've felt like the shell of a human I am could never produce a pretty smell again.

There is Hope!!!  And this morning I was so excited because what I feel like is lost in my life, God has actually decided that He will create a new heart within me!!!  That means He has the capablity to take what already exisits and make it NEW.  He is the ultimate air freshener!  And He doesn't have to get rid of me to do it.  He doesn't have to buy something new, He has the power to make ME new!!  He has the power to re-create in ME, that means what already exisists...the good, the bad and the ugly, a clean and fresh heart and life.  "Create in me a clean heart, O' God, and renew a steadfast spirit WITHIN ME." Psalm 51:10 Don't believe the lie that you are worthless.....if you are in Christ sweet daughter you are a NEW creation every single morning!!!!!!!!!  You have been re-created for a new and fresh work today.

 "The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail.  They are NEW every morning.  Great is Thy faithfulness.  The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I have HOPE in Him." Lamentations 3:22-24

Let go of yesterday, I know I need to, and face this new day with confidence that you are a fragrant and beautiful aroma of Christ. You smell good sister!

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in His triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place." 2 Corinthians 2:14

Not a long post today, a simple thought really but I hope that it impacted your heart with great Hope.  Love you all more than I could ever express and I am praying for you!!!  Big hugs to you!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Carrie, thank you for the sweet reminder! What a fresh breath of air that was for me today!! I love you dear one!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I was thinking! My cousins name is spelled Carrie! What kind of friend am I!! =) Sweet Cari, I promise I know how to spell your name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully stated, Cari!!! You are precious in his sight. Thank you for sharing your heart!!!

    ReplyDelete