Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Right Shoes Make All the Difference

I love shoes.  Really my favorite things to buy are shoes and jewelry!  They have the power to totally change your wardrobe, as well as your outlook on a terrible-horrible-no good-very bad day :)!  I found this cute wall hanging the other day while I was out shopping around and thought it was perfect for us here at Glorious Daughters!!  I don't know about you, but I have a busy, busy day ahead of me....and I'm thankful for that.  However, I could be tempted to throw on my Nike's and never look back or up to see where I am placing my feet all day long.  I could just take off in a dead sprint and still probably barely make it across the finish line at the end of the day.

Today let's pray about the shoes that we are putting on our feet.  Whether you slip into stilettos, strap on Teva's, flip around in flip flops, pop into your sneakers or scoot around the house in slippers all day you will make a choice to put on shoes at some point today.  Regardless of the shoes you select to go on your physical feet select your spiritual shoes very carefully.  Because that will determine the direction you are headed all day long. 

I woke up a little stressed out today about everything we have on our plate right now and am really tempted to wear my stressed out shoes all day.  Right here I am going to yeild my feet to Jesus and trust Him to lead me in peace no matter what is swirling around me today.  You know how it works when you wear the wrong shoes.  It is miserable!!!!  I mean wearing shoes that are too small, too tight, too narrow, too new, or too old can cause major havoc in a day!  You could end up with a blister the size of a pepperoni.  Wearing stressed out shoes all day is guaranteed to leave me with a pretty sizable blister. Let's slip into the most adorable new pair of shoes, but not just cute shoes powerful shoes.  Then let's take those cute and powerful feet and step where Jesus steps. 

"I've followed him closely, my feet in his footprints, not once swerving from his way.  I've obeyed every word he's spoken, and not just obeyed his advice - I've treasured it!"  Job 23:11

Love you and your beautiful feet and remember with the right shoes anything is possible!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment