Thursday, April 29, 2010

A McDonald's Princess Crown


Last night as I stood in line at McDonalds waiting to get two twist ice cream cones and a caramel frappe (which are very yummy by the way!:)) I watched a Dad and his two girls order and then wait for their Happy Meals to arrive. The girls were anxiously waiting, not for their meal of course, but what prize would arise out of that beautiful bag of greasy greatness. :) I watched as their Dad handed them each their meals and both of them tore in to the bags to pull out........one with a princess crown and the other with a Barbie doll. Both of which are money toys right now at Mickey D's! However it blew me away as I observed their reactions.

The little girl that had gotten the princess crown immediately whispered to herself, "I got it!" with eyes as big as saucers while she pulled out the plastic princess crown. Her sister did not have the same reaction about her new Barbie doll, I could tell she was immediately disappointed. It was precious, because she looked up at her Daddy and simply said, "I didn't get it." with shoulders shrugged - forgive me for jumping ahead, but girls I am already crying!...okay, okay I'll get to the best part... - That's the great thing about having a loving Daddy because he didn't make her say another word before he was asking the girl behind the counter for a princess crown. Her face was preciously priceless. She didn't blink an eye as she traded that Barbie in for a princess crown.

Oh how magnificent the purity of that tender heart is to me. Girls, we are royalty. We don't just have a plastic McDonald Princess Crown upon our golden locks of hair. We, as daughters of the Most High King, are heirs to the Kingdom. And just like I have said before nothing fires me up more than when I look at Ainsley and her little friends that are coming up so many generations behind me. When I just observed those two darling little girls that stood in front of me at McDonalds my heart almost exploded with passion that cannot help but be moved into action.

I don't know how many people are reading these little thoughts on this little blog, but I know one thing I cannot stay silent. WE as daughters cannot soft sell the Joy of Kingdom living anymore. Throughout our day we should be passing out princess crowns left and right to every single daughter we see! And that could simply mean waiting to listen to the answer when you ask your friend, "How ya doing today?" Maybe you should spend your entire day giving compliments to other daughters that look like they could use a little boost. We all have friends that could use a cheerleader, is that you? It could mean letting go of bitter jealousy you’ve kept in your heart towards another daughter. Today that princess crown could mean releasing yourself to lavishly forgiving others. It could mean opening up your finances to give extravagantly to a daughter that the Holy Spirit prompts you to give to. One of my very favorite princess crowns to give is singing Jesus Paid it All with my sweet baby girl before she goes to bed tonight. Maybe you have been given favor in a certain area that would provide an incredible platform for the King to reach His daughters. Regardless, the time is now. I'm telling myself girls...Cari, the time is now.

Today I was reminded of the story of Esther. I have a ton more to share about this, but because of time (my little peeps are about to wake up from their sweet slumber and barrel into my somewhat peaceful kitchen :)) I will have to wait and share it ALL later...but here is the bottom line. Ester had been given favor in the kingdom. She knew that there was a plot to destroy the Jewish people. She had a princess crown. She could have stayed silent in her insecurity to approach the king and save her people. She could have made a choice to trust the humanity of the king, instead of the Salvation of the Most High King. She could have held on too tight to the princess crown she had been given. It was a risk either way, but Mordecai says it best to us today.....

"Then Mordecai told them to reply to Esther, "Do not imagine that you in the king's palace can escape any more than all the Jews. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father's house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?"
Esther 4:13-14

We have attained royalty for such a time as this. As daughters becoming all glorious within we have incorruptible princess crowns to hand out. Those sweet little girls will probably play with those McDonald's crowns a handful of times before they will get lost, left behind or thrown out. Don't we want to offer our daughters, grand-daughters, great-grand-daughters and great-great-great-grand-daughters the salvation of the King. And what better way than to offer them the lasting anointing as an heir to the Kingdom.

Please step boldly as you pursue the King. Don't shrink away from letting Him get to every area of your life ladies. Please don't allow insecurity, intimidation, doubts, guilt, shame, the thought that "oh I don't want people to think I'm too religious".....Girls, girls, girls....You are not alone and I'm telling ya everybody is searching for a princess crown. The King, our Father, just wants to make sure we trade in for the right one.

So to whoever reads this post today, you.....are.....loved. You.....are.....worthy. No questions asked, you can trade in that Barbie doll and receive more than a plastic crown. You can become a daughter of the King. And if you are already a daughter of the King and have somehow been led by the Holy Spirit to run your eyeballs across this post today.....please live like a princess. Don't be afraid to love, forgive, receive, speak, give and reach out to share the royalty you have been given for such a time as this, because you just never know who might be watching and just waiting to make a trade for a Princess Crown.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment