Monday, April 26, 2010

You have all you need....be beautiful!

If you are just joining us as we chat here on Glorious Daughters you might want to take a quick peek at my first post entitled Crossroads. Do you remember when I said that as we step down that road of “Life,” doubts immediately creep in. BOOM goes the dynamite ladies! No more have I typed that out than a whole slew of doubts hit me upside the head!! And today it is coming from within me. I doubt me. I doubt my make up as a daughter of God that could be equipped with all I need to be a loving and stable wife. I doubt my maternal makeup…I mean did God really know what He was doing when He placed Cade and Ainsley in my care?! Whoa! :) And then what about functioning in my community?! I mean who do I think I am anyway!? I don’t have the tools to make an impact. There is no way I am qualified to do what God is calling me to do?! It’s all there in your mind, I know it is….if I could just peel your brain back and look into that girl-head I guarantee there would be a overwhelming stack of “I’m not’s”. I’m not this. I’m not that.

Well, I have some news for ya….you’re right…you’re not. I hope that doesn’t hit you harsh, but in love we HAVE to let go of the presumption that WE in and of ourselves can do anything. The more time we spend on thinking about what WE as humans are made of and all the limitations that come along with us, the less time we will spend living an abundant life within the Kingdom walls! Ladies that is actually great news! You should feel free and easy and go and enjoy a cup o’ joe on me for that one! Why? Because you had nothing to do with the precious and perfect creation of you! That means you are PERFECTLY fashioned for the exact set of circumstances you find yourself in TODAY!

You’ve heard it a million times before, but prayerfully read together with me like it’s the very first time we’ve ever heard this beloved Truth…

“For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to Thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from Thee, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth.” Psalm 139:13-15

Get that….you are not only WONDERFULLY made you where SKILLFULLY WROUGHT!!! The sweet leadings of your heart are only the expression of what the King skillfully, intentionally and purposefully positioned within your frame. They’re just looking for a way out! So being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, a volunteer, a minister, a source of strength, a reliable voice only works when I am leaning into the promise that God is the ONE that fashioned me and ultimately the ONE being expressed. He knows me better than I know myself so I’m going to depend on Him to reveal how He intends to use this skillfully wrought woman! By releasing the control of how we were created and trying to manage and discuss, manipulate or overanalyze and just let it go we will break through that dam of limitation and watch the free flowing gifts of God wash over our lives in a way that we never thought possible.

Whether you come from a long and beautiful line of glorious daughters that have sought after the King for generations or you come from a line of daughters that just never took that chance of feeling Lavishly Loved or maybe you have come from a heartbreaking line of abused, rejected and betrayed daughters….there has been a family of daughters walk before us and they have set a path that we can choose to follow today!

“For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois, and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well. And for this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:5-7

There is a gift of God that has been set within your beautifully, wonderfully skillfully crafted frame today this day to be used for the Glory of The King (Ps 139:13-15). Whether it be literal family that has paved the way or you have received the Word to imply a spiritual family there are daughters that have walked before you and that confirms the sincere faith set before you this day (2 Tim 1:5-7). If you haven’t accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior please don’t wait. Receive the beautiful gift that He has created for you. If you do have the sincere faith set within you then start acting on that radiant gift. It is our choice as daughters to stop freaking out and start trusting and living out the expression that He purposefully set within us for the advancement of the Kingdom. There is a wonderful surrounding of beautifully skillfully wrought daughters that are already being led forth in gladness by the generations of beautifully, skillfully wrought daughters that have gone before us…I’m just joining in on the journey. Awesome! Praying that today our “Forbearing spirits would be that the Lord, the King, is near!” (Philippians 4:5) and that we would live accordingly!

1 comment: